Using SU's Scallop Envelope Die

Last year, I purchased SU's Scallop Envelope Die to make cute little Ghirardelli chocolate holders for Halloween. I only used it that one time. That is not worth the $20 I spent on it. So I decided it's time to make use of it. For my upcoming cupcake exchange party, I need some favor ideas. I made this Ghirardelli chocolate holder, similiar to the ones I made last year. Chic 'N Scratch has a great video tutorial to make it. These are pretty easy to put together!





Here's a close up side view...


Another idea from Splitcoaststampers is the Scallop Envelope Box. This was pretty easy to put together as well. I think a normal size cupcake would fit in it! Here's one I made with the owl and cupcakes. The owl came from a stamp set that I got at Joann's called Whimsical Birds. The cupcake came from Michael's in the dollar bin section.

 


Since my mom's birthday was today, I used the Scallop Envelope die to make her a gift card holder. Normally, the die is too small to fit a gift card in it. Here are two tutorials to show you how to make it larger.
Picture tutorial: Gift card holder
Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DogmOPte8-k

I used VLVJul2011Week2 sketch for my mom's birthday card in the background. The butterfly image came from Verve Visual's Fluttering By. The sentiment "sending you birthday wishes" came from Michael's dollar bin section. The "for you" sentiment came from Papertrey's Fillable Frames #5.


Here is a closer view of the gift card holder. I made the flower by following the video tutorial by Tara. I did not have the five petal flower punch that she had. I tried my six petal punch one and the SU scallop die. Both worked following her tutorial.

Here's a closer look at my mom's bday card.

While browsing online, here are a couple other creative ways others have used the scallop envelope die:

No comments

Back to Top